I think part of this journey is assuming that I'm in the WE and really the ROAD TO is about filling that WE with meaning and appreciation. It's like starting a new company called Flagor! No one knows what Flagor! is or what it means until you imbue it with meaning.
Imbue: inspire or permeate with a feeling or quality. This is a word I learned during a leadership course I took. I love how it gives a verb to filling something with emotion. I think about songs that I have imbued with meaning because of the people I've been with or things I've been doing while that song is on.
So, I think this WE exists. It's not my job to create it. It's my job to imbue the WE with meaning, to me. Everyone has a WE in their life. You do too. And there are infinite WEs: Me + Me is a WE. Me + You is a WE.
I do know there are some qualities of WE that I want to cultivate:
- UBUNTU: the idea that "I am because we are." I want each person to find personal purpose in the WE. I want it to feel personal and collective at the same time.
- Organic: I want it to feel real, not just in each persons mind, but in their bodies as well. I want to feel the WE in my bones, on a cellular level.
- Fluid: I know the WE will never have a thick line around it. WE is fluid. And WEs overlap. Me + Me = WE and Me + Josh = WE can both exist at the same time. So can Me + Me + Josh = WE. I don't want the definitions of the WE to throw up any barriers between WEs.
- Full Range: Healthy WEs will be able to hold a full range of emotions. Yes, some WEs will be more about fun and some WEs will be more about heavy topics, but I want each to be able to hold whatever emotions show up.
So, WE're on this road together. And if this road gets too rough, WE've always got Flagor! to fall back on.
No comments:
Post a Comment